Existing Member?

Wanderlust We've set up this journal so our friends and family can live vicariously through our insatiable wanderlust.

So far.. so good!

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 11 October 2008 | Views [332]

Our time in San Fran was short and sweet~ we got to eat at my favorite crepe restaurant, Ti Couz on 16th & Valencia and the next night before we left for the airport, we met up with Dave & Dina at Maxfields (the bar in the Palace Hotel).  Maxfields has an original Maxfield Parrish painting hanging above the bar and I've never seen one in person, so that was really exciting.

Our flight left at 1:20 am, on time and it was pretty smooth~ only some minor turbulence here and there.  The food was great and the plane was HUGE!!! I loved that they served shrimp cocktail in the Economy class.. tres chic!  I think we each watched about 4 movies on the way, but didn't sleep very much... fitfully at best.

We arrived in Hong Kong about 6:30 am on the 10th and had a 2 hr layover there.  The airport was reeeeeeeeeally nice and we spent time chatting with a family we'd met at the SF airport who was going to Singapore, also, for a birthday party.  This family had 4 generations together.  We took pictures with them and exchanged emails.  Hope to keep in contact with them.

The flight to Singapore was nice, but we were so exhausted that we couldn't really enjoy it~ very overtired.  Getting thru customs was a breeze~~ there really wasn't anything to do.  Our driver was waiting for us and it only took about 20 minutes to get to our hotel, we checked in immediately and took a much needed nap.

Got up around 7pm and headed out to a night market to get some street food.  We had  amazing duck and rice and then went back to the hotel to sleep some more.

This morning we had breakfast at the hotel (it's included) and went out on a tour with people from various places~ mostly australia.  Our tour guide, Foo, was really amazing~ I wanted to steal him away for the rest of our time here.

We're going out tonite to do some shopping and get some more street food.  Will update once we get to Bangkok.  We're hoping that the political unrest there does not affect the quality of our stay. 

Stay tuned....

xoxo

About fishpaw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.