Existing Member?

Fabia in Brazil

Christmas Present for Lucas

BRAZIL | Monday, 26 January 2009 | Views [545]

This is Lucas, a four years old boy who lives in a rather poor suburb of Sao Paulo (called Perus). His mother /family has serious financial difficulties and struggles to get enough food to nourish him. However, he is lucky enough to live in a Suburb where the Christian community counts every year all the children between 0-10 of families with difficulties. This Christmas there was about a hundred of them. For these children they search a kind of godmother/godfather to donate useful presents. As the mother of one of my work colleague is part of this community committee, he asked in the office if someone would  'adopt' such a child, as they did not have enough donators yet. What a nice idea I thought to help someone in Sao Paulo, who is in need and will directly get the whole donation.  So then I went shopping in order to buy what I was told to; Shoes, T-shirts, Shorts (I bought Spiderman jeans - pretty cool isn't it? :)), a toy, and lots of food from chocolate to beans. The result after three hours was a filled Santa Claus bag ready to sweeten at least a bit the Christmas party of this little boy. It's actually a lot of fun to buy things for someone who really needs those things!  And as the clothes I had to buy are for sure much too large for Lucas, the joy is going to last at least a little bit longer.

About fabia


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.