Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 196: Cosmo Goldfish

HONG KONG | Saturday, 30 July 2016 | Views [279]

Checked out of the air bnb place (and good timing as it was getting a little claustrophobic) and arrived at our new stay: The Cosmopolitan Hotel. Thought we'd treat ourselves for the last two days of the total trip - so got a nice room with a great view of the cemetery. The TV came on as soon as we entered the room and got stuck on...we couldn't shut it off - I blame the ghosts. Walked past the racecourse and stadium (South China were playing Juventus). As part of our hotel booking we got a phone to use, which came in handy for maps and restaurant searching - but more importantly it gave us valuable info on the Dewey Decimal System and MythBusters cast members. Strolled through Causeway Bay and Times Square grabbing another Bubble Tea - this time a Taiwanese Bubble Tea with the milk. So many shopping malls here, it's quite ridiculous. Jumped on the double-decker tram so Mike could witness just how many people are playing Pokemon Go (out of 30 people around us, 28 were playing), we had a nice chat with a mother and daughter who were practicing their english (so cute). We went back over to Mong Kok for night markets (tried looking for MI phone covers but they laughed at us because we weren't asking for Samsung or iPhone), over to Goldfish street (just as it sounds) and the flower market. Then headed back to the cemetery.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.