Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 188: Neon Pizza

CHINA | Friday, 22 July 2016 | Views [307]

Started at a French bakery in the French Concession where we are staying. Think its the party/pub scene. Irish pubs, Deans bottle shop and a heap of cafes.
Walked The Bund, the harbour esplanade with the famous Shanghai Skyline across the water. This place is much more exciting as its modern, smog-free and the harbour makes it fun. Oriental Pearl Tower, World Financial Tower and the newest possibly worlds tallest Shanghai Tower light up the skyline at night and the crowds are like Vivid with police, road blocks and directed pedestrian flow. Walked through the crazy neon pedestrian mall, swarming with people and salesmen @ East Nanjing Rd. Had Pizza Hut! The pan pizzas were straight from 1992 - just as we remembered. So many multi storey malls, food halls and department stores. At 10/10:30 people are in a frenzy to catch last trains - we were in a group that jumped the gates because the ticket machines were closed. So many people breaking the rules so we figured power in numbers and we made it to the other end, jumped the gate and ran away. Lets hope they dont check the cameras and have our faces on the banned list tomorrow.

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.