Existing Member?

On the road again

Day 153: Bergen Bread

NORWAY | Friday, 17 June 2016 | Views [168]

Drove from Odda to Bergen today and played the "name the artist, song and album" game from iPod shuffle. The drive wrapped around the waterline, over impressive suspension bridges, in and out of tunnels: one was 6km long and two had huge round abouts inside, lit up with blue lights. Camping at Midtun, just outside the city...just a patch of grass really, will only stay here one night. As soon as we drove into the carpark an Irish mother and daughter practically jumped on us, looking rather distressed, asking us to take them to the airport if they paid us. We couldn't say no, so put up the tent and gave them a ride. Their bad day involved something to do with the husband/son in-law being out of pocket a lot of money by his boss, who is now missing...Anyway, after being in Bergen for three months they suggested we check out the McDonalds, "The Pictures" if we liked movies, an Irish pub and the shopping mall. A weird afternoon but we collected the Karma Credit. Went down to the wharf for mexican and icecream and to check out the famous fish market and colourful, old wooden houses, dating back to the 1400's. Loving POD!!

About excellentadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.