Existing Member?

Flower Of Life Paths lower of Life Paths is a personal web blog by Eve Bohnett, who inspires travelers through photo, video, and writing to experience the adventure of travel. Themes consistent through the blog include chanting, meditating, and engaging sacred interaction, as

Festival - Chinese New Year Beijing China

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 31 October 2013 | Views [417] | Scholarship Entry

Chinese New Year is a traditional festival, and the most important holiday for the Chinese. I wanted to show what old Beijing looks like during the New Year. I'm trying harder to create a narrative in my travel films through voice over narrative. I went traveling alone to get most of the footage provided for this film. Mine is not a story about my amazing vacation because what I wanted to convey with this film is the deeper sense of culture underlying the festival. I have lived in Beijing now for over a year. Most of the kids I tutor in English do not even know what a parade is, which is the backbone of the large American festivals. I started making travel films when I moved to China. Winning the scholarship would mean a lot of recognition for my blog, floweroflifepaths.com, where I blog about special interests such as community, environment, sacred spaces, devotional ritual, art, food, and music. I have been working on photography, writing, and making small films as a pastime here in China, previously California and Hawaii. In my professional life I've been a wildlife biologist, web designer/administrator and would like to transition to doing more travel related media content.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About evekrishnendrani


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.