Existing Member?

2010 Adventures This is a journal recording my adventures as I travel from Australia to China to Europe and where ever the road leads me next.

Vienna Bliss

AUSTRIA | Tuesday, 3 August 2010 | Views [518]

I've spent the last few days in Vienna, Austria and it has been bliss. Blue skies, warm sunny days and walking around the city is like exploring a giant jewellery box. It's peaceful and clean and with no one harassing us (unlike in china....so glad to have left!!). Suprisingly, the prices are quite good with many things in the supermarket being cheaper than in Sydney.


We are staying out of the city centre in an appartment hotel by a very large park with a lake it in. The nature here is very beautiful and delicate and Shean and I really enjoyed exploring the park and its many trails through grassy forestland. Though I must say I got quite a suprise when we ventured to the other side of the lake. By the path was a naked man, lying happily in the sun, sprawled and in full view of anyone who passed by....hmm that's odd I thought. Then as shean and I walk further, we noticed more and more naked people just hanging about doing nothing in particular. It made my think of the german girl from my old job, who described the existence of nudist lakes in Germany and her experience of seeing an old man proudly showing off his scrotal piercings...so was this a nudist  lake? Having seen lots of clothed people in other parts of the park, I wasn't sure quite where the nudity zone begun or ended. It was only yesterday, after scaling a seculded,steep hill to find 3 nude men lying on it's top, that I realized these damn nude people can pop up anywhere. Apart from this strange discovery, the park is filled with lots of gorgeous birch trees, blackberry bushes, apple and plum trees as well of hundreds of flowers in bloom. It's great being amongst nature again after spending so much time in polluted cities.

Tags: vienna

 

About eve76


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.