Existing Member?

A Dream Come True Finally I am off on a dream trip that I dreamt of for many, many years. I flew from London Heathrow on 2 October 2008 to Delhi I will continue my journey to explore many places for the next 8 months:) And years to come......

Mexico 2013-14

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 4 January 2014 | Views [297]

Arrived in Mexico City after a tiring flight. Arrived at the Chill out flat after a hair raising taxi journey with the driver not looking older than 15. There was a lot of traffic and tooting.

Our first day in Mexico City started by visiting Palacio National to see Diego Rivera´s murals which were incredible and covered Mexico´s history. We then took the Metro to Coyoacan which was an experience in itself. On the tube people sold music by playing the CD on huge speaker in a rucksack, and other people selling all sorts.

The Coyoacan area became one of our favourites, really nice neighbourhood with low and colourful buildings.  We first went to the market to experience some street food, we had some tostados with various fillings, it was really fresh and tasty.  Arriving at Frida Khalo´s house there was a long queue but we got in without a too long wait. The house was beautiful and felt very personal, and was left the way Frida and Diego  lived in it. My favourite room was the kitchen with mexican tiles and painted table and chairs.

We had our dinner in a restaurant called Hosteria de Santo Domingo, where we had Chiles en Nogada which was a giant green chillie stuffed with ground meat, fruit topped with a walnut sauce. We were not sure if we had received the right meal as it turned up just after a few minutes after ordering it, not looking like anything we expected, but it was really tasty. By now I have realised how difficult it is ordering food when you don´t know the language. All the menues are in Spanish.

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.