Existing Member?

Funky Patrol Girls

Dubai!!!

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Monday, 16 November 2009 | Views [1571] | Comments [1]

Dubai:


Met Dad and his fiancee at the airport, and on the drive home we got our taste of Dubai.

We went down Sheikh Ziad road and looked at all the amazing tall buildings. Its the main arterial route for the whole of Dubai. The arabs love having the biggest and the best things in the whole world. They have more Guinness book records than any other country. We drove past the tallest building in the world, The Burj Dubai, which is due to be opened in january 2010.


The next day we went to Atlantis, which is situated on the man made island shaped like a palm and is veiwable from space, The Jumeira Palm. Atlantis is a big complex whioch includes a water park, an aquarium, hotel and a mall. The aquarium was set up like Atlantis the old myth of the lost city. They had every fish you could imagine, including a whale shark!

Afterwards, we went to a souq (arabian marketplace) where we had lunch. We also also had a ride on a traditional Abra (traditional boat) around the water ways of the complex.

Then we went to a Salon and got a manicure. After that we had a ride on the brand new metro computerized monorail. I also met Rosannas daughter Pian who was lovely.


The day after we went for a trip down to a secluded beach an hour out of Dubai called Umm Al Quwain for some fishing and a picnic. We caught one fish but it was way too small to eat so we put the poor sucker back. Just

relaxed on the beach on the beach and soaked up some sun. Then we went to a near by water fun park. We went in the wave pool and heaps of other different rides. There was one pool called the dead sea, because they filled it with so much salt that you can float without doing anything. And its impossible to touch the bottom. So I thought I would try, and got so much salt in my eyes that I cant even explain how much it stung my eyes. Almost like two bees stung my eyes.

On our drive back home we stopped at the sand dunes and saw some wild donkeys. Dad let me drive the car for a bit which was scary but once you get the hang of it, it was really fun. It feels good to be in control of a car and 4 people.


The next day we drove to a place in the mountains near Al Ain, called Jebel Hafeet which was almost to the border of Oman, the next countrie. We went for an explore up the highest peak of the United Arab Emirates. Then we went down the bottom of the mountains for a picnic. The mountains were amazing, the whole area used to be under water so the mountains were formed underwater from layers and layers of debris and animals falling to the bottom of the ocean.


On out last day me and my dad went out fishing on this beautiful beach on Dubai main strip. We were fishing for ages with nothing but a few bites. Then all of the sudden my fishing rod gae a massive jerk and I almost let go of the rod for the fear of falling forwards and crashing into the water. After some pulling and manouvering there turned out to be a massive stingray on the other end of it. It was so big, and its stinger kept flipping forward when we were trying to get the hook out. We didnt eat it, because theres no meat on stingrays, only cartilage. Afterwards we went home, packed and got driven to the airport and said goodbye to dad and rosie. Dad had tears in his eyes when we hugged. Even though I was sad to leave, I was so exited to go home!

THE END


Comments

1

Nice journal Eve!

We had a GREAT time & it was fantastic to see you both.

  Tom Nov 29, 2009 10:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.