Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Souvenir T-shirts, Castles & the KGB

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 1 August 2013 | Views [275]

Prague... Such a beautiful city. With a river separating its two halves Prague is an ideal location to wander around. And a good location for catching up with a London friend. I once again embarked on a free city tour (I'm most definitely making the most of these!). They are definitely a great way to see the city you're visiting! Beer was cheap, food was street food and bar crawls had unlimited drinks (and a souvenir t-shirt free for girls). Prague Castle is considered the biggest in Europe. However, it more felt like they decided to build a town on top of a really big hill, put a wall around it and call it a 'castle'. 

 
Highlight of the trip, especially considering my recent adventure to Russia, was the KGB museum guided by none other than an ex-KGB officer and lover of Stalin. Dad definitely missed out on this opportunity to view spy equipment and hear stories of this infamous secret service. I know where he will be booking his next conference! For those of you who don't know, Peter Smith being Peter Smith, thought it entirely plausible that he would be given a full tour of the KGB headquarters in Moscow, now renamed FSB. Lets remember Dad, we aren't talking about bluffing our way through the fast-track line at Tokyo Disneyland!
 
Overall, a pretty cool city! 
 
Oh and ps. the first voted overrated tourist attraction in Europe (the astronomical clock in Prague). Hmmmm...

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.