Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Stepping back in time

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 10 May 2013 | Views [182]

Today certainly felt like I was in another age. Bath has so much history - from the occupation of the Romans to the first coronation of the King of England to the Victorian expansion of the area. 

I started today with a free walking tour by a local volunteer (clearly passionate about her town - not sure I'd be so keen to give tours of umina even paid!). It was extremely interesting and gave me some facts about the area that I would not have got otherwise. The absence of an audio guide was also appreciated!

This afternoon I ventured into the Roman Baths - dated back to first century AD! And even tasted the water they would have drunk in that time! It was definitely an acquired taste! I also dressed up in Victorian dress! Never again will I complain about the struggles women face in the 21st century getting ready for a night out! 18th century women were crazy!!! I often think about what the people of medieval times would think about this day and age!

Tomorrow I'm back to London :). 

 

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.