Existing Member?

EscapadesAbroad With a planet as big and brilliant as ours, I find myself unable to resist seeing it all... This journal is a tool to record my experiences when I travel (which isn't often enough), and a crude tracking device for my mother to keep tabs on me.

The Starting Line

USA | Sunday, 1 June 2008 | Views [404]

The start of a major trip is an adventure in itself. With the LOST season finale out of the way, I have begun massive preparations for my impending journey. Now but one week away from the eve of my departure, I find myself at a loss of what to pack, despite my previous trips abroad throughout the years. I was once advised that you should lay out all you want to take on your trip, and take only half. While this is brilliant advice in theory, it has never quite worked well for me in practice (anyone familiar with Great Shoe Incident of 2006 will understand). Australia is particularly messy. The temperamental climates of the Australian winter, and my many varied activities means I must pack everything from casual wear to business and semi-formal wear to adventurous outback-chic. (I realize at this juncture that I am veering off-track, and will spare you from the grusomely shallow details of my style woes). I have made a few discoveries in preparing for this trip. First: Victorinox luggage is brilliant! Made by the same company as Swiss Army knives, this brand has many excellent pieces which have recently rounded out my varied luggage collection. It can also be found at discount stores like TJMaxx or Rei.com for a significantly discounted price. I will keep youupdated on its performance throughout the trip. Second: I am FINALLY heading to the real outback with www.adventuretours.com.au, a company recommended by my friend Rea. They have a massive variety of tours all over Australia, and would be an excellent starting point for anyone looking to travel down under. Third (and most importantly): I am going to see Edward Scissorhands the Musical. At the Sydney Opera House. Enough said. I hope this blog keeps you up to date with my unpredictable adventures, and that it is at least mildly entertaining. If perhaps you discover any content which is particularly unsettling (e.g. Drop Bear Sightings, zoo animal attacks), it is probably a joke. Conveniently, travelblogger also allows photo albums, so I can streamline the bloggin-photo album process. I also plan on avoiding typos this time around, as a re-reading of my old blog nearly sent my inner-editor into a tailspin. Until next time...

About escapadesabroad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.