Existing Member?

A young, veggie, nature/animals-lover woman perspective.

Friends when traveling

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 4 May 2014 | Views [277]

You could find it really hard to keep long term friends when traveling, because you meet them and, the next week, either you or them are somewhere else. You could see it that way; and when homesickness attacks, you TEND to see it that way and you feel like the loneliest person in the world. Don't panic, you're everything but alone.

A lot of us have felt like that at some point in our lives. We kind of agreed to having that type of feelings when we decided to pack and have a life away from family and childhood friends.

But aside of what we said goodbye (or see you soon) to, is what we have seen and learnt since then. And I, personally, have met A LOT of amazing people. And since we are all in the same situation, going here and there and discovering new experiences, we all have a lot to share with each other and we connect so easily! I think most of my most appreciated friends I made them during my stay in Buenos Aires, and they are all foreigners, most of them back at home or somewhere around the world now, but we keep in touch and we still get excited because of what happens to the other. I feel it like an honest friendship, though our actual time together didn't last a lifetime. 

So, when you feel homesick, alone or sad, go to your photo albums, to your journal, to your Facebook, or wherever you can see how many friends you really have and how many invaluable moments you have gathered along the way.

 

 

Tags: friends, loneliness

About erikahlehmann


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.