Existing Member?

Travels And Reflection A blog of my journeys and the lessons I've learned.

On The BART

USA | Friday, 7 September 2007 | Views [362]

April 7, 2006, on the BART going to SFO from Pleasanton, Ca
It's fascinating to feel the true pulse of any city when one takes the commuter train. It is a quiet ride, though, given that the morning rush to the city is over and there is no feeling at all of claustrophobia or intrusion since the train car is just a quarter full. Along with this universal silence, everyone in the car seems to be calm and relaxed. In the background, the white noise of the train moving along is rhythmic and quite hypnotic.

In this particular ride to SFO, I am with my hostess and cousin Tina and my niece, Ela, who is on summer vacation. The rain let up this morning so we decided to spend the day in the city. They are currently seated on the row in front of me giggling like schoolgirls at something or whatever. I choose not to join them because I discover that this is a good time as any to write about my past few days here. I am writing (or is it fumbling) on a Dell X50v pocket PC that Tina passed on to me since she recently got a new Palm.

Ela and I arrived Saturday, April 1, at around 8:30pm in SFO. I caught the weather report just before flying here and found out that it had been raining quite a bit for quite some tine on the west coast so a slight drizzle greeted us when we got out of SFO International. The first thing we did was eat. The flight made us quite hungry and it had been an unwritten law in our family that we must partake of good ol' American suburban delicacies right away upon landing, and for us it has always been the delectable Chez In and Out. After a long flight, I'd eat anything, really.

I must end now. We are getting off at the next stop: the Embarcadero. More later.

Tags: On the Road

About ericroa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.