Existing Member?

La Dolce Vita

Just chillin...

ITALY | Monday, 11 February 2008 | Views [482]

Haven't done too much the last few days....hung around the apartment, sat on the terrace and played cards to enjoy the beautiful weather. I'm trying to save money after my first few trips so that I can afford to travel later :)  Had orientation today, biggest waste of my time, but I met some other exchange students, so that was cool.

We ventured out this afternoon in seach of Orto Biologico, a park in the Brera district that supposedely contains a giant, old gingko tree surrounded by medicinal plants (sounds much more interesting to me than more churchs and art!-hopefully we find it soon), but had no luck finding it. We had a good time wandering around Brera though. It is one of the oldest areas of Milan, with cute cobblestone streets and beautiful buildings. We also saw some people either setting up or taking down a runway for an Armani show...pretty awesome! We stopped at the bakery on the corner by our apartment on the way home for some delicious pizza and canolis for dinner-quite delicious! Nothing too exciting, but a good day nonetheless :)

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.