Existing Member?

EManating around the Globe

Wild Koalas!

SOUTH KOREA | Tuesday, 14 October 2008 | Views [511]

We just went on the Forts walk on Magnetic Island. It's my newest favorite part of the trip. We thought we might see a koala or two but we ended up seeing 11! hehe. But we have so many pictures you'd think we'd seen 100. On the way up we saw a young koala still hanging out with his mother but not attached to her anymore. Then we saw a few bigger ones just hanging out, or curled up in a little ball sleeping. Towards the top we came across a mother holding her baby. She was protecting him from the wind. We went on up to the top to check out the view and when we were heading down she had moved and was eating. It was the coolest thing to see her hop from branch to branch and the baby would just hang on for the ride. We watched them for quite a while. The baby would either hang onto her back or crawl around to the front. He's the cutest little thing I've ever seen, couldn't have been more than 5 months old. So the walk was a success because there was a spectacular view of the bay, we saw 11 koalas including 2 babies, and we did NOT see the death adder (one of the worlds most venemous snakes).

About emmaroo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.