Existing Member?

EManating around the Globe

Brisbane

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 25 September 2008 | Views [472]

We're in Brisbane! We spent four days in Sydney, moved up for a week in Byron Bay, and now we're in Briz.

Our greatest experience so far was snorkeling in Byron Bay. We went out for an hour and saw an 8 ft. Wobegone shark, a couple rays, fish, and a baby sea turtle! He popped his head up for some air before he realized that there were a bunch of people oohing and aahing over him and then he went and hid himself at the bottom. I was panicking at first, jumping into the ocean and now knowing what was underneath  me. Plus, I hate breathing out of my mouth so  I was gagging on the snorkel. But I got used to it and it was well worth it. We're looking forward to doing more snorkeling as we head up the coast.

We saw some koalas and roos at a Wildlife Park in Sydney. SOOO cute! From our pics you'd think we saw about 50 koalas but really just 5-8 or so. They were just the funniest creatures, wedging themselves into the trees, curling up to sleep some more. Look for the 'koala on a stick' pic. Dunno how they can be comfortable sleeping in those  positions. Maybe it helps that they're stoned all the time from the eucalyptus.

This week we've just been lazing around. Went on a bushwalk (hiking in the woods) and saw a great view of Brisbane from the top of Mt. Coot-tha. Yesterday we went to an art museum which was... not so exciting. Next we'll be in Noosa and from there we'll be going on a  canoe/camping trip. I'm excited now but wondering if I'll really be able to survive two nights of camping. :P

About emmaroo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.