Existing Member?

Life is an adventure

Reaching out with love

RWANDA | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [244] | Scholarship Entry

Rwanda, the country on the hill, no one can stand unmoved. The conflict still goes on between the children. What lesson is here given to the victims? With the feelings of remorse and shame.When I traveled to this beautiful country on the surface of the earth, I could not hold my tears back each night witnessing all the awkward moments that happened in the 1990s. Every story I heard surpassed the comfort I had. “Our home was a war zone. Every night was a night of terror, you could not stop wishing for the morning to come soon”, this is all I meditated all along my stay.
Yes, I realized that it’s not about me. The purpose of our life is far greater than our own personal fulfillment, our peace of mind, or even our happiness. It’s far greater than our desires, our career, or even our wildest dreams and ambitions. If we want to know why we were placed on this planet, to walk around and meet different kinds of people, we must begin with love. This is the starting point to realize and actualize every intention of life one has.
Every act of self-sacrifice for the good of others strengthen the spirit of beneficence in the given’s heart thus fulfilling the divine purpose given to him by virtue of love.
One important lesson to learn is that, love is not in words, it is not passive but acts. It is deeply serious and intensely in earnest, reaching out with a helping hand where is needed. The life of those who are eager to show and have its feelings of joy and its goodness must conquer all the negative effects associated with it. There must be no repress, no boisterous merriment and no rude jesting, but keeping up the uppermost in the mind the kind and just acts of others and this shall make it possible to love and do what deserves to them.
The heart and the spirit of unselfish works for other gives birth to depth stability and the really loveliness to the character, and results to harmony, success and happiness to its possessors.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About emmanuelomuya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Rwanda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.