Existing Member?

Our Adventures

new years day, then back to Phnom Penh

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 7 January 2015 | Views [446]

We had a lovely relaxed new years day. Chilling in our bungalow admiring the view and playing cards! We finally dragged ourselves out in the afternoon and walked along the dusty road to another eco guest house which had an amazing menu 😀. We ate and enjoyed the quiet cool surroundings, had a cheeky ice cream and then headed back to our bungalow to watch a stunning sunset. A fantastic start to 2015. 

The next day we took a Tuk Tuk to the bus station and a bus back to Phnom Penh......only 4 hours this time, still had very little leg room and crammed on the back row but getting used to the interesting bus journeys.  Stayed in Phnom Penh for 2 nights in a guesthouse with a swimming pool. We did a bit more exploring and sampled some lovely cocktails at the foreign correspondents club (fcc) 😀 before catching the early boat over tonle sap lake to siem reap on Sunday.

The boat journey was a calm one this time, we could get up & walk around so the 6 hours went quiet quickly and we went past lots of floating villages. It was a half hour Tuk Tuk ride to siem reap from the  boat harbour along more very dusty roads. After a quick freshen up at our guesthouse armed with a map we headed out to explore the town. We found the main area, the night markets and 'pub' street! It was insane Tuk tuk drivers everywhere hassling for a ride and the lady's on the market stalls all shouting for business. We thought Morocco was bad but here even the young kids are hassling you at every turn. We found a cafe for a rest before heading exhausted back to the guesthouse.

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.