Existing Member?

Our Adventures

Trek, snake and waterfall swim

LAOS | Sunday, 7 December 2014 | Views [478]

Early start to meet our trekking group, only 6 in total. 2 English guys, a Dutch girl & an Italian guy. Started with a very bumpy Truck ride to the start of the trek. We trekked for 4 hours through forest with steep rock climbs and desents, it was lovely to be out of town and stretching our legs. We walked through two villages and stopped for lunch near a fresh water spring. Lunch was served on a large Palm leaf.....meat, veg, egg, spicy stuff and a lump of cold very sticky rice wrapped in a banana leaf! After lunch we checked out some local caves......We were told with bats in but I didn't venture in that far. Then the last push for the waterfalls.....when our guide started shouting snake, snake!  We all looked across to see a large snake over 2 metres long just a few feet away from us suddenly making a dash for it.... We had scared it off the path and we were told it wasn't poisonous!  Anyway we past the tiers the waterfall had made on its way down, it was so worth it, they were beautiful and we were all so hot we took a swim in one of the bigger pools and braved the chilly water 😊. Dried off and had another bumpy truck ride back into town. Headed out & tried out a Laos curry for dinner, another fab day.

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.