Existing Member?

Like a Fart In a Windstorm Tripping around the Southern United States Of America.

About to bounce

USA | Wednesday, 30 July 2008 | Views [234]

Today is my last day with Common Ground Relief. It's a bit sureal to think of all of the people who I have watched come and go. Now that I'm the one going I can think of the place after I leave and everything going on without my presence - just as I saw with past others. I feel good about the time that I spent here. I learned a lot and made good friends. I will never look at grocery shopping the same way. I will never think of cooking in the same way and I feel very confident about cooking for large groups. I learned to take more initiative - to be self-directed instead of waiting around for instructions. I don't know how I'll feel if I find myself in a place with a lot of structure and authority! I think it would be a culture shock!

Mexico still feels like a very far off thought in my mind. I wonder how long it will take me to feel the realness of my direction. Perhaps when I'm crossing the border?! Perhaps when I'm laying on a beach somewhere? Maybe when I'm stumped for words and trying to communicate in a brand spankin new language? I suppose that I'll meet those realities when they come.


Well, enough of this clickity clackin. I need to get on with the day. Such a big To Do list and only one day left to cross a few off!

tata

Tags: last day of common ground

About emilygreen


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.