Existing Member?

A little bit of everything!

Nice

FRANCE | Tuesday, 14 October 2014 | Views [312]

to me
So we bid farewell to Abraham, checked out and went to the food market for some brecky..we had a miscommunication about the meeting place for the blabla car (Elle had gotten a different message to me) but we eventually found our driver..he'd said there'd be plenty of room for our bags but it was such a squeeze!! Although the driver redeemed the ride by giving us chocolate and cookies :P we arrived in nice stiff and sore about 4 hours later..checked in to our hostel, which was more like a motel! Super nice and we even got a room upgrade..we got a bottle of wine and went down to the stunning (though uncomfortably pebbly!!) beach to swim and relax by the Mediterranean...that night we had some more wine (free at the hostel), met some cool Aussies and went to a fun bar gab had previously been to on contiki...
We had a slow morning as it was a considerably big night..we decided to head to the nearby town of Cannes for the afternoon and chilled at the (sandy!) beach..yet agin it was beautiful, the water even sparkled...assuming it was some type of mineral, it was beautiful...and a massive bonus, there were palm trees for shade! Our relaxation was rudely interrupted by more rudely forward French men..we finally bailed when one told gab she had sensual lips and said "kiss me please?"...yuck! Between Paris and the French Riviera the Italian men are certainly earning a sleezy reputation...we walked around the shops for a bit before grabbing the train back to nice..a chilled night tonight, we even made delicious burritos :)
Up nice and early we prepared to trek to the city's castle..well, it was a hill with the ruins of the castle but the stunning views made it well worth the climb :) we then treated ourselves to homemade poached eggs for brecky and thought, why not spend the afternoon in Monaco? Another country just 20mins away, can't pass that up :P it was very cool, snazzy cars, yachts and people..took pics with the Ferrari parked out the front of the info Monte Carlo casino and shared a massive ice cream sundae.. We then went for a swim at the beautiful beach in the foothills of the mountains before heading back to nice..had left overs for tea, walked around the city, chatted to the Aussie guys from the other night, shared some wine, played some cards..not a hectic night as we had to rest up for our adventure to Venice the next day!!!

 

 

About emily_witenden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.