Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures

London :)

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [308]

We woke up after the pub crawl very tired but had to be out of our room at 10am. So we packed our bags and went and sat in the common area for a bit. Then we walked up to the royal mile to get some souvineers. steph and I got Tammy hats, just the cheap ones not made from wool- they were way too expensive for our budget. We were going to get the bus to portobello to go see the beach but the Scotland rain set in. We ducked into a pub for cover and stayed for lunch. We ended up being there for over two hours to avoid going out into the rain. Eventually it eased and we decided we had overstayed our welcome and went back to the hostel to wait until 5pm to get the airport bus to the airport. We got to the airport and found we wernt flying into gatwick but into lutin- I said to Jess - that better be in London, I had a we panic that we had tickets to a random airport in another country. Steph and my bags were over the carry on limit but noone checked luckily- although we did go to the bookshop and get a magazine so we could use the bag to put heavy things in and it would look like it was just things that we got at airport. The plane was full- they don't have allocated seating so you sit where you like. We got into lutin just after 9. Then had to wait for stephs bag as it had been put in the hold due to there being no room in the overhead storage. We got a 10am bus to finchly road- then on the tube. Bryan picked us up from the station after 11.20. We sat up at the house having a catch up with Bryan and Steve before bed. The next day was the move to our hostel in town. I took until 2pm from when I woke up to repack my pack and little bag. Bryan came past at one point when my things were everywhere and all he said was "oh". Haha. We got to the hostel in town at 4 and met steph. We had tea in the bar then Maria and her friends joined us before walkng to the old school yard bar which played awesome music I hadn't heard since we were 18. So much fun. That night didn't get any slepp as there was a live version of Jeremy Kyle going on outside on the street. Was pretty entertaiNing but jeez itcwent on for ages. We didn't get much sleep that night. The next day we went to harrods. Wow what a place. So big and so pretty and expensive. Jess and k went to the natiral history museum while steph and I went to see the lion king with Maria and her friends. It was a great show and the costumes were spectacular but I enjoyed billy Elliot more. After that steph Maria her friend mottie and I went to soho to get Chinese. Had a yummy tea then back to the hostel to get Jess. We had a jug of cocktail in the bar then got the train to Camden and went to a few a bars. It was good- alternative. We taxied home around 3 by the time we found a mini cab office. You can't wave the cabs down here which is wierd. We got back to find a fight happening outside the bar so we stayed on the other side of the road. A girl was stopped at the lights in her mercerdes and the fight came her way. One guy tried to punch the other and missed and broke her whole back window- smashed all over the ground.

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.

About emily_b

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.