Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures

Ireland/scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 11 October 2012 | Views [391] | Comments [1]

we had a look around galway in the morning. we walked to the port and then the rain came down. it poured, we had to run for shelter under a bridge along with a few other people. once the rain eased, 5 min later, we had a look around the town then got in the car and jess drove us to dublin. it took about two hours. we got into dublin around 4.30 then we had to go on the hunt for accomodation. we had a list and we began the search by foot. we walked to soo many places and they were all full for the night. two hours and several hostels later we finally found a place above a pub in temple bar. that night we went out with some guys from dublin that katene had met in munich. jess and i peaked too early so were home by 1.30 in bed.....the next day we all slept in and didnt get moving til after one. we got some lunch then went for a walk around the city. we headed to wheelans the pub from p.s i love you. it was quite a long walk and when we got there it was closed. in the window there was a poster for supermodel- my cousins band, which was crazy!! after that we walked down to the guiness storeroom to have a look. we didnt have enough money to go in, but we thought we could have a look in the shop- apparently not without paying. we got back to the hostel pretty tired from all the walking then we made nachos for dinner. our hostel kitchen it joint onto the pub next door so you can see people through the window while we were eating dinner- welcome to ireland :). we had an early night as we had to be up at 4am for our 6.30 am flight to edinburgh. we got to the airport just after 5am the next morning, very tired. we then looked up some hostels at edinburgh airport. with our list and map we got on the airport bus then walked for ages to the first hostel only to find that there was no longer any availability....so they pointed us in the direction of another one. we got the same answer, they had just sold their last room, luck was not in our favour. luckily that hostel rung their sister hostel and got us a room. we stayed at a hostel right next to edinburgh castle. we got to our hostel just after 10.30 and they wouldnt check us in until 2pm, even when we asked at 1.50pm. so we slept on the couches in the common room until that time. we went for dinner at a pub down the road, then we watched american beauty. our hostel plays two movies a night n a big screen which is cool. the next day we did a walking tour at 1pm. it was really interesting to learn about scottish history, the tour went until 5pm. we went to the supermarket and got some snacks for the movie they play at the hostel and got some thai for tea. the next day we hired a car and drove up to inverness pass the loch ness via glen coe. the scenery was amazing- very similar to home. in fact it felt like we were back at home. we took our time and stopped many times for photos so we didnt get into inverness until 6.30pm. this time we had booke accomodation. jess was really sick with a head cold and katene was really tired, so just steph and i went and got tea. inverness was dead it took us ages to find somewhere to go that had people at it. needless to say we all had a very early night. the next day we wandered around inverness then headed home to edinburgh. we stopped at the most beautiful picnic spot in scotland- it said on the pamphlet so it must be true. it was very pretty and had an old castle- eisleen castle in the middle. we sat by the lake for about anhour enjoying the sunshine- it was very pretty. we got back on the road at about 3.30- to find the traffic held up by a car that had burst into flames. not sure how, we just drove past the shell of a car, dont think anyone was hurt. we got back into edinburgh at 7pm then drove around for ages trying to find petrol. then at the train station where we dropped the car, jess put the key in the wrong drop hole- so we had to find a worker to get something to pull them out with. they found those tong like things you pick up rubbish with to get the keys out thankfully. we then had to walk over the hill to our hostel which we got to finally, at 8.45pm. we had tea then joined a free pub crawl... free means not very good. oh well. tomorrow evening we fly back to london for our last few days before home. it has been a blast and i cant believe it is already coming to an end.

Comments

1

OMG RE SUPERMODEL

  MARK Oct 11, 2012 7:08 PM

About emily_b


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.