Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures

London 2

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 2 October 2012 | Views [225]

Katene jess and I decided to do a hop on hop off tour. we decided to go with the cheapest company, which in the end didnt turn out to be the wisest decision. we got on the bus at the national gallery and sat at the top of the double decker bus, as you do, and off we went. we drove past st peters cathedril, over the tower bridge and to the tower of london where we got off the bus. we took some photos and then got on the boat, which was part of the hop on hop off tour, down to the london eye. this is where it became difficult. we couldnt find the bus stop to get back on the bus. the map was terrible and didnt have some of the main streets. we finally found a bus stop and got on, but it ended up being the 3hour tour with the same company not the hop on hop off, so we got to buckingham palace, which was good. after that we wanted to get back on the bus to get to westminster. we searched for ages and couldnt find a bus stop, a bus drove past us, but it didnt stop anywhere we could see. we gave the company a call and they told us to come and see them. we did and they gave us 20 pound of our 60 pound back and took our ticket. the refund was good, but them taking our ticket meant we had to pay for the train during peak hour back to covent garden, whereas we should have got back for free, as we had paid for the hop on hop off tour and didnt get a full refund. jess told them this, but they wouldnt give our ticket back. we have written an email to their head office- but havnt heard back. no wonder our bus was basically empty compared to all the other companies. we met maria and steph that night in covent garden at the porterhouse for a drink. the next day jess and katene caught a bus to bristol for the weekend to see a gig. i went to stay with steph at marias friend's house for the weekend. i met steph at the train station and we went and watched the changing of the guard. it was good to see but a tad boring to be completely honest. a lot off waiting around for something to happen. after that we got some lunch then steph had an interview. so i had my first experience on a london bus and doing the tube alone/ i went to hammersmith- to yet another primark, which i swore i would never go back in. but i had to get another pair of black shoes, as mine we no longer waterproof. not the best considering the london weather. 2.5 pound later, dry shoes. then i got the tube to the huge!! westfield in shepards bush and immersed myself in shopping for a few more hours before meeting steph after her interview. which she said went really well. we met maria and her friend and took our bags to the flat, which was huge, i thought people in london lived in shoe boxes. we went to a pub, the thing to do in london, so i hear. the next day we went to portobello market in notting hill. that was really cool. i got to have my chicken paella that i never got in spain, it was really yummy. we found the house from love actually where the guys holds the signs up to keira knightly, and took some photos. then we went to a flatwarming, which from barnes, where we were staying to shoredich is a very long way away. it was very civilised in a very nice flat- id say house more than flat, flat implies a lower level of sophistication, and this was nice. although to be honest rather boring. we were all falling asleep. it was going to take us an hour and a half to get home on 4 buses so we got a taxi. the next day we went to abby road. i ran up to the studio doors and got a photo and a knock on the window from security. authorised personal only...cheaky cheaky. we did the crossing several times and got lots of photos then biked through regent park to camden market. the bike was scary as it was on the road and you dont get helmets. nothing like biking in europe where there are bike lanes. we survived, obviously. then we got the train to tin pan alley, aka denmark street to see regent studios. thanks dad for all the information on the street, yes there is a bit of sarcasm there...we got a photo outside the studio where the rolling stones recorded there fisrt album? sorry dad if that is wrong, i dint read the stuff you sent me...i also got a photo of the house where the sex pistols recorded their album. that night it was back to the grandparents, aka steve and brian. we are having a great time out there, we missed them this weekend. today I had the best day. i went to warner bros studios to see the set of harry potter. it is the original costumes and sets. it was waonderful, loved it. then i got the train to tottingham court and walked down oxford street, looked in a few shops then got the train from bond st to victoria station to see billy elliot. it was fantastic, loved it loved it loved it. it was sooo good, pity i had noone to share the experience with, but i made friends with an older couple from america, the husband noticed my harry potter bag to which i told him about the tour, which unfortunately- to him- his wife overhear, so guess where she is going tomorrow? jess and katene went to 39 steps which they really enjoyed. tomorrow we got to ireland. should be great.

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.

About emily_b

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.