Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures


UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 27 September 2012 | Views [312]

we got on mega bus and began our journey at 11am. we were expecting the bus to be like busabout where they stop every few hours. but no they dont. we went all the way to the port without a break. we got to the port at 3.30pm and hadnt eaten since breakfast. we had no idea we were even going on a ferry!! we got to the ferry port and had to go through customs. we had to wait for everyone on the bus to go through. some of the young guys got a grilling about why they were going to london, what sights they were going to see, how much money they had in their bankaccounts, so we got held up. our bus missed the 4.30 ferry so we had to wait at the port until the 6pm ferry. the bus driver said there was a cafe at the port so we could get some lunch. it ended up being just a vending machine.so so chips and choc it was for lunch. we finally got on the ferry. the sea was very rough so it was hard to walk straight on the ferry. im glad it was only a 1.5 hour journey. they had a duty free shop. so i distracted myself by looking at all the things i wanted to buy but didnt need. we got off the ferry and had a two hour drive into london where stephs aunty and bens grandparents met us. i had a sign with my name on it so that bens grandad could find us- as we had never met, and until 2 days ago had never communicated. thanks ben for helping us out. we got into london at 9pm london time, which to us was 10pm europe time, and got three trains to our new home :). they are such lovely people, and have a great sense of humour. so we have had many laughs with them. we have had the best sleep in over two months, on amazingly comfy beds with feather duvets- we are living in luxury. they wait at the door for us to leave to wave us goodbye each day as we head off down the street :). the next day, they told us to go to oxford street. so we went there. steph had an interview and was going shopping with her aunty so us three hit the shops. which means we made it to one shop- primark, a cheap shop that is massive and was so busy youd think there was a sale on. we got our shopping bags and began filling them with clothes. the changing rooms were so full we ended up getting changed in the middle of the shop. we were there for hours. by the end of it we were so exhausted and overwhelmed and over people banging into us. we got out onto oxford street and didnt know what to do next. we bought a carry on luggage bag each so decided we would catch two trains home and drop all our bags off. we got home and 20mins later and headed back onto the train to liecester square to meet steph and maria for tea at china town. it was nice to see them both. it is so cold in london and i dont have any warm clothes- really missing europe weather. its wierd being in a country where everyone speaks engligh, as we havint been in an english speaking country since home. have to remember not to verbalise my annoyance, which in europe noone understands but here they do oops lol. today we are going to do the hop on hop off around london and see some sights :)

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.

About emily_b

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.