Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures

Bangkok 3

THAILAND | Thursday, 19 July 2012 | Views [500] | Comments [2]

Note to self: never laugh at anyone's mosquito bite misfortune (especially jess'), it will literally come back to bite you- in my case twice on the nose!!! I have a swollen nose which looks like I have a giant boil on the end of it. I can’t really complain though because steph and jess have insane bites everywhere. I think jess is the pad thai of mosquito cuisine. Speaking of pad thai- we went to a little restaurant last night and got yummy vegetarian pad thai for only 35baht- that's $1.50 bargain :). After tea we caught a taxi to the pat-pong night market. The market was absolutely buzzing with tourists, knock off everything and people trying to invite them into ping pong bars. Pat-pong was exactly what I expected Thailand to be like after hours. However, it was a little weird shopping in a market where on your right a fake handbags and on your left are girls dancing in their underwear on podiums. That's Thailand for you. We have got the hang of the taxi thing- you just get them to put the meter on and it is way cheaper- why did it take us so long to work out! After the market we sat outside the hostel with our roomies and drank gin and lemonade- some more than others (mhmm steph) lol. At which stage we were warned about one of the Scottish guys snoring. well jeepers when he got home- I don’t think anyone could sleep- I’ve never heard snoring like that before in my life- it was mental- no hope for the earplugs- the noise reverberated off the walls. So it is our last day here today- not sure what we are up to, we definitely have to go on a tuk tuk ride.

 

Comments

1

Em, your trip sounds fabulous, need a picture of your nose.

  jessie perwick Jul 19, 2012 3:41 PM

2

i agree

  anna Jul 19, 2012 6:21 PM

About emily_b


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.