Existing Member?

Postcards from... somewhere...

Postcard from Koh Phangan...

THAILAND | Sunday, 19 July 2009 | Views [479] | Comments [6]

Well, Koh Phangan is MUCH more like it...  Beautiful beaches, scenic postcard views everywhere.  And its hot!  Well, it keeps raining torrentially, but not today.  And of course, mosquito spray doesn't work, using the plug-in mosquito repellent in the room doesn't work, and the mosquito repellent wrist bands - they mean that you actually get bitten around your wrists and ankles!  But, all that aside, it's beautiful and I am starting to unwind.  Slowly.

I had to move today though - one more night without air conditioning was not going to cut it for this girl!  That and the fact there were snakes and lizards in the other rooms!  Not sure I'm cut out for the 'roughing it' kind of travel.  I always have appreciated the finer thigns in life, and I don't think that's going to change overnight.  Especially when a little bit of comfort costs just an extra £100 for 10 nights... I mean, that's a good meal, a bottle of chablis and a taxi home in London...  :)

Its been a bit dull the last couple of days, not a lot to do, and whilst doing nothing is usually my forte, that usually also includes loads of TV...  But the next 7 days look like they'll be quite packed.  7.30am drink a shake, 9am take some pills, 9.15am, you don't want to know, 10.30am drink another shake, noon, more pills, 12.15pm have a massage (yay!), 1.30pm another shake, 3pm pills, and sauna, 4pm yoga, 4.30pm nip out of yoga for another shake, 6pm herbs, 6.15pm, again you don't want to know, 7.30pm another shake, 9pm mnore pills....  It's like some kind of military operation!

I'm in two minds about the detox.  It really needs to be done, I've felt so sluggish and tired and almost ill for so long, my body needs a break.  Just from a practical perspective, the detox will be great to break the carb addiction, lose a few much needed pounds, and kick start healthier living.  I want my body back.  The one I worked so hard to get a couple of years ago, and I liked it when I had it.

The thing is, the detox is also an emotional cleanse as well.  And as the fatter body is inextricably linked (in my head at least) to the emotional crap, the next few days could be ugly.  I'm already feeling lonesome, home sick and vulnerable, detoxing is only going to exacerbate those feelings.  A really really special person says its very important to 'poo out' all the crap inside...  LOL!  That is exactly what I'll be doing, both figuratively, and ummm, literally....  So, after the 7 days, hopefully I will feel healthier, lost a few pounds and purged some of the crap inside...

Comments

1

Hugs honey, hope it helps you feel better. X

  Hannah Jul 20, 2009 4:41 PM

2

Enjoy the detox lovely - a friend of mine used to go twice a year to Koh Samui and swore by the "cleansing" although he also used to get very angsty and ring me with deep philosophical questions in the middle of the night! Be prepared for a spiritual, emotional and mental experience as well as just an "emptying" one.

Hugs x

  Sarah Jul 20, 2009 7:23 PM

3

Thanks to everyone who's commented, really appreciate hearing from you all! :)

Detox day 1 has been an experience, to say the least...

  emily_abroad Jul 20, 2009 10:43 PM

4

Sweetie i hope you know that there are so many people who are with you right now and holding your hand even from across the miles. And we'll all be here to hug you when you get back.

(When i say holding your hand, that's assuming you keep washing them of course :) )

Tons of love from sev xxxxx

  severin Jul 21, 2009 3:00 AM

5

Let it go Emily, let it go with the flow...

  Hilary Jul 22, 2009 3:57 PM

6

Think you have to simply allow this one to pass right through you! Just hold onto the thought that its only a week and you are going to feel so much better when you're done!

Can't wait to see the new super improved Emily.

Hugs and more hugs hxxx

  helen Jul 23, 2009 6:15 PM

About emily_abroad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.