Existing Member?

Worldwide Steps

Day 15- Ko Yao Noi and catch up

THAILAND | Friday, 8 May 2015 | Views [359]

Haven't really kept this up to date recently, struggling to find the time to sit and write about everything so this is just a quick catch up to say all's good and briefly what we've been up to.

 

Day 11- 12 was spent in phuket. Spent a little too much on souvenirs in phuket for the quality but oh well lessons learnt. Phuket was our first Thai beach and watching the sun set in the evenings as beautiful. Swimming was nice however further up the beach we found the water was bluer and swimming there was lovely. Here was also the first time we have properly sunburned on the trip, been a lot more careful now. In the market there was also a young elephant that people were paying to feed. I was delighted seeing them on the bus as we were leaving Khoa Sok however it wasn't the same seeing on in an urban setting but it was great to see one so close. In this market was also where I had my first fresh coconut milk in the coconut, it was the nicest I had tasted.

 

Day 13 - today (Day 15) we have been on the island Ko Yao Noi. The view here is amazing, the islands which appear to just be rocks is a view I have been excited to see since before this trip was planned. Finally getting to see them is great and I can't get over how beautiful the view is here. The first day here we walked over a bamboo bridge climbed up some steps in the hill and reached a look out point of the sea, views from here and the pier are pretty spectacular. We followed the path and came to a beautiful beach.

4 times we tried to see if an Italian place was open (recommended by rough guides and meant to be open all day and late in the evening) every time we went it was closed. Nothing wrong with rice and phat Thai though.

At the moment me and fin are sat on our porch watching the sun set over the hill opposite our hut in a chair and a hammock.

Tags: ko yao noi. beaches, phuket, sunsets

About emiliepb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.