Existing Member?

Worldwide Steps

Day 1\2 - Bangkok

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 26 April 2015 | Views [266]

Since arriving in Bangkok the main thing we've done is sleep. Jet lag has hit us kinda bad, slept through most of Day 2.

Taxi from the airport cost us B500 (£10) for a 40min ride into the heart of the city- from research this seems to be the expected price. Our driver didn't turn the meter on- which worried us a bit to start with but costt what we expected.

 

The humidity of the city is unbelievable- step outside the comfort of ac or fans and you can't wait to return. 

Our adventures have led us into the streets near our hostel to the nearest 7- Eleven and continuing to landmarks ( such as Soa Ching  Cha )  Haven't been around yet to say for certain but seems Bangkok has something impressive not far from anywhere.

We expected things to be cheap over here but we are still amazed how much you can buy at places like 7- Eleven and how little it cost. 2x 1.5L bottles coated us B25 (55p). What we did find were main meals cost more than what we expected but that might have just been a one off- Veggie option if a meat meal B200 (£4- but made half price), meat dish B450 (£9). Considering how cheap the supermarkets are and the cost of the taxi we thought the cost of the meat dish was a little high.

We are leaving quickly there is NO traffic rules, zebra crossings and green mans (if you even get one) mean nothing, motor cyclists drive around with no helmets, everyone is speeding and changing lanes without indicating and also driving in the middle of lanes. 

Tags: bangkok

About emiliepb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.