Existing Member?

What if?

Sum up of our trip.

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 16 March 2008 | Views [928]

This was the first (but it will not be the last) long trip we have ever undertaken, and even with resigning from our jobs and spending 99% of our savings we are home now with absolutely no regrets.  This trip has been a real ‘eye opener’ to the both of us, it’s lovely to watch films about the World on the screen; but to see, smell and hear that same image with your own senses is un-challenged.  A couple of perfect examples of this has to be Milford Sound, you can look at the photo’s all you want; BUT you will not be able to hear the Waterfalls all around you, you will not be able to smell the freshness of the evening as the Sun sets and you will not have the Sandfly bits to prove you’ve been there. Another example has to be the Green Turtle swim, to see them so close is great; BUT to hear them snorting around you so closely that you have to swim backwards in case you touch them is truly breath taking.

 

You’ve heard this statement from many people, but listen to a couple of people who did it –

 

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF DOING IT, PLEASE DO IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN; DON’T WAIT UNTIL IT’S TOO LATE.

About em-and-andy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.