Existing Member?

What if?

Nelson – Pohara

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 29 November 2007 | Views [744]

We went to Nelson, and we left Nelson; not a lot to say really.  Nice little Hostel, but we wanted to head out sooner rather than later; was useful though as we found the garages for the W.O.F (MOT in UK) for The Bug.  We headed out on our way to Pohara, on the Golden Coast north of the Abel Tasman National Park.  On the way stopping off at various beaches to check Surf and stuff, no Surf again; BUT we found a beach for Andy.  We stopped off on a Nature reserve called Rabbit Island, lovely long; wide beach and with an onshore wind for him to play with.  He was physically shaking as he unpacked the Buggy and Kite, not even waiting to change his clothes; it was on with the crash helmet and harness and he was off.  He never even asked if I would be okay on the beach alone, he did ask me to assist him launch; only so he could ‘get it up’ easier (the kite that is)  He was airing around the beach for a good couple of hours, the usual observers taking their photo’s of this strange pastime; made in NZ but no one seems to have seen anything like it?  He would still be there now if he didn’t get hungry, so he landed and packed his toys away; just like all good ‘children’ should do.  Hands washed, he was ready for lunch. I think the trip to Nelson was planned not to check the W.O.F stuff, but for the beach; strange how we ‘have to’ return to Nelson for the W.O.F.  After his afternoon of fun, it was off to the Hostel for the night; arriving a little earlier than we had planned we thought a walk on the beach was in order (as if he hadn’t had enough sand for one day)  The beach was lovely, as you can from the photo’s; whilst here having our Ice cream sat in the Sun we planned our ‘walk’ into North Abel Tasman the following day.

Tags: Adrenaline

 

About em-and-andy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.