Existing Member?

What if?

Christchurch AGAIN.

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 31 October 2007 | Views [431]

 

The shops are open, Andy’s Kite shop is open; Andy was like a child in a sweet shop as he sat in the buggy only to see that it had the wrong seat attached (I thought he was going cry) Luckily, he had been invited to the factory where they are made, luckily it was only an hours drive away. Yet another night in Christchurch, before off we go again heading south the following morning. We were in the factory for about 1 ½ hours and Andy seemed to enjoy every minute of it, grinning from ear to ear. What a place, this is a world renowned manufacture of Kites; yet they are made in a ‘large shed’ out the back of the owner’s house. After picking up the correct seat, of we go again to Christchurch AGAIN; only to find the shop owner is out giving a lesson (this place is cursed for us) Off Andy went in the morning (yes we spent ANOTHER night in Christchurch) to collect his buggy, and all the wood to build it’s little home in back of ‘The bug’ (he’s so proud, bless his little cotton socks) And in case you were wondering, we were able to do this running around because there is still NO BL**DY SURF, Em is tempted to return the Surfboard because it doesn’t work. Tomorrow we head out of Christchurch (although a lovely city, we are not coming back again on this trip!) to go over Arthur’s Pass to towards Franz Josef Glacier again, to see if we can finally get to walk on a Glacier. There’s also a rumour that the west coast has surf, Shhhhhhh don’t want to build Em’s hopes up.

Tags: Shopping

 

About em-and-andy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.