Existing Member?

A Time to Remember I dig my toes into the sand... The oceans looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless, and in this moment I am happy...

Hervey bay to 1770... the final leg!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 25 February 2009 | Views [1234] | Comments [3]

The Long Pier at Hervey Bay that stretches out into the ocean. We borrowed a couple of bikes from our hostel and took a ride down to the pier. We were also lucky enough to catch a glimpse of some dolpins from here!

The Long Pier at Hervey Bay that stretches out into the ocean. We borrowed a couple of bikes from our hostel and took a ride down to the pier. We were also lucky enough to catch a glimpse of some dolpins from here!

After leaving Rainbow beach we made a short trip up the coast to Hervey bay where we had the chance to meet up with Emma, Nigel and the kids. It was terrible weather when we arrived, rain again. So we wasted another day in the cinema and arranged to meet Emma for a coffee the next day. After meeting up with Emma the sun decided to come out so we borrowed some bikes and explored Hervey Bay. It's a small town with a nice beach but not much else. We rode a long the Long Pier and took in the awesome view of the ocean for a while before heading back to go to Emma's for dinner.

That was pretty much it for Hervey Bay ... our next stop was a town called Agnes Waters and 1770. We had a couple of days here and the weather stayed hot and sunny so we made the most of the beach by hiring surf boards again. We also did this fab tour of the town looking for Kangeroos on Scooters! It was a real laugh and a great way to see everything. The next day we went kayaking and caught some waves, which was easier and more fun than normal surfing. I really liked it here the hostel we stayed at was like a relaxing retreat situated out side of town amongst beautiful gardens. It ran it's own shuttle bus in and out of town and to the beach so getting around wasn't a problem. It was a great place to chill out and swim in the pool.

From here we went to Kroombit and had a night on a cattle station. This was a lot of fun as i'm sure the pictures show! We went horse riding, had a go at lasooing some goats, learnt to crack a whip and of course rode the bucking bull! It was a really good time and they kept us all entertained all night!

We had one night in Airlie beach and now we are on Magnetc Island. We are having to cover a lot of ground in a short space of time so it's one night stops for a while. We got here at lunch time today so we had some time to explore but we're back on the bus at 9 am tomorrow to take us to Mission Beach, where we hope to do a dive on the Great Barrier Reef. We've got 2 nights booked there but then it's the last leg to Cairns ... a flight to Sydney and then home :(

It'll be great to see everyone but you can't blame me for being a bit sad to be leaving this place. I'll miss Paul as well we've had a good time and he's been the best travel companion.

Comments

1

wow!! can understand the draw of Aussie land it all looks and sounds fantastic.......looking forward to having you home love you loads....so glad you've had the chance to do it !!!!xxx

  mum and dad Feb 26, 2009 8:18 AM

2

I love the nature file!! Especially as there's no snakes!! I don't blame you for not wanting to come back but I can't wait to see you, I've still got some of the flowers you gave me before you went away believe it or not - they are officially the longest lasting flowers in the world - I've checked! When you're back we'll have to meet up for a drink so you can tell me all about, I'm so pleased you and Paul have got on well - you look like you've had the best time. Hope you enjoy your last week,

lots of love xxx

  Lucy Feb 27, 2009 4:25 AM

3

Hey Ellie, I can't believe how quickly the time has passed since you have been away. Your latest adventures look great, and how brave of you to go on a motorbike and let that bug on your foot!

Looking forward to seeing you when you're home to hear more about it.

Enjoy the rest of your last moments there and have a good flight back

Lots of love Emxx

  Em Feb 27, 2009 10:23 PM

About ellie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.