Existing Member?

A Time to Remember I dig my toes into the sand... The oceans looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless, and in this moment I am happy...

Sydney to Byron Bay via Surf Camp.

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 7 February 2009 | Views [1696] | Comments [5]

Road up to the light house.

Road up to the light house.

After Paul's Birthday we got the bus from Sydney which took us up the coast to Byron Bay. We had an over night stop on the way and the opportunity for some Surf lessons. Yes i did have a go and believe it or not i was pretty good! ... no not really i sucked!! but it was a lot of fun and i did manage to stand up on the board at least once.

After some goofing about on surf boards it was back on the bus to Byron. We've had 3 days here and there has been a lot of sun bathing and frolicking in the ocean. Paul's been getting some good time on his surf board and i've been working hard on the tan (lobster look!)

After the hub of Sydney Byron has been a welcome break and it feels really good to just relax and chill out in the sun. I have been sooo laid back i've been horizontal most of the time! It's our last Byron beach day tomorrow before we get the bus up to our next stop of Surfers Paradise... yes that will be another beach :) We'll have a couple of nights there and then head to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island.


We're going to borrow a couple of bikes from the hostel tomorrow so we can see a bit of Byron before we leave, it should be a lot of fun (if my sun burnt bum can take it!)


Check out Paul's blog for more pics and a better story. It is the same as this except you add paul_byrom to the address.


I hope the snow hasn't caused too many problems for you all.


Lots of Love E x

Comments

1

Another set of stunning photos.... it looks so beautiful (very jealous!).

Loving your beach hair too Els... it suits you all messy heheheeee.

I'd love to know how you managed to get a sun burnt bottom young lady! haha

Keep having a fab time,
Love you lots x x

  Amy & Sy Feb 7, 2009 10:25 PM

2

wow! looks great fun ...think of us here in the snow !keep smiling it suits you both .

  mum and dad Feb 8, 2009 1:30 AM

3

Hey guys

We are sat here under a blanket with hot chocolate looking at your beautiful sunkissed photos! Looks amazing, so glad you are having such a good time.

Take care, have fun, send us some sun!! Lots of love xx



  Em & Simon Feb 8, 2009 10:19 AM

4

Hello again,

still looks amazing!!! We're very jealous!! Been so worried hearing about the fires there but now I know you're safe and been having a good time I'm so much happier! Hope your next part of the trip goes ok you little surf dude - can't wait to hear all about it as normal......

Lots of love,

Lucy xxx

  Lucy Rosenthal Feb 9, 2009 6:53 AM

5

G'day sport,

Theses photos are really making me want a holiday! But send more, they are very cool! Can't wait for you to come home and tell us all about your travels.

Love Tom + Lou Lou xx

  Tom Feb 12, 2009 5:58 AM

About ellie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.