Existing Member?

cambodia!

kb's bloig 08/04

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 8 April 2007 | Views [524]

08/04

let me talk about yesterday.

i woke up with our 6.30 am wake up call. after ella and i got dressed we went down to breakfast. i didnt have anything interesting, sorry to say. then we travelled to ankor wat, a beautiful anciernt building. It is approximatly 800yrs old , yet was only discovered 150yrs ago . it is huge but covered so densly in jungle knowone had ever found it.

we were able to climb on and around it, which is usually unheard of for a temple.

when we were leaving the king of bruni was coming through so we got to see him. There were police everywhere and i thought something horribel was going to happen until we were told the king was coming through.

then we travelled by 2 smaller buses to ankor thom, a smaller budist temple.IN not so good condition, it was younger but because of the buildig techniques used it was not very stable.

it was a beautiful building, but by this point i was feeling terrible sick.

when we got back to the busesd i had a really bad headach.

i thought i just needed to eat but after lunch i still want feeling better. So i stayed on the bus and didnt get to see Ankor wat temple. by this time my head and my stomach were p[laying up. on return to the hotel i had a cold shower and a sleep. i didnt join everyone for dinner.

but this morning i was feeling much better !

we went to a war mine museum. we saw all of the landmines they have dug up and we heard the story of the guide and how he lost heis leg and brither and sister at age 8!

then we went to some loacl markets and i bought some amazinf blue beads and some bangels. i also bought a head scarf! and some chopsticks for ma hair lol.

then we went to lunch and i had cahsew prawns wich were absolutly delicious.

now im at the hotel and we have till 3.30pm

then we are oiff on a boat trip.

ill let u know how all of that goes.

xx kb

Tags: Culture

About ellapearce


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.