Existing Member?

Operation: European Husband A new last name and a European passport. I gots GOALS I tell ya...

All quiet on the German front

GERMANY | Friday, 5 January 2007 | Views [920] | Comments [4]

oh shoot - did i just make a war-related crack? you know what they say, ´don´tmentionthewardon´tmentionthewardon´tmentionthewar´... meanwhile i have a lecturer here who, no word of a lie, does the heel clicking salute thing because he thinks it´s funny. he is a mystery and a horror. 


i´m so sorry i haven´t written anything, i just wanted to let you know i did make it to Germany, I´ve just been so busy seeing new things and keeping myself warm that i haven´t gotten around to telling you all about it.

to make communication matters worse, my german mobile is not yet functional. i hope to fix this problem in the next couple of days, but if you´ve tried to contact me that way and had no success/reply, that will be why.

If you´d like my contact details in essen just send me an email.


otherwise, i hope you´re all splendidly well and i promise i´ll put something of interest on here in the next couple of days. in general though, it´s going well and it´s everything i hoped it would be.

love love love to all

e           xx

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hey, glad it's all going well and you are not frozen yet....sorry that the sim card is not working , why do you think that is? it was fine when i last used it in July..
How's your german language going? And how was your mysterious New year's Eve in Frankfurt? Did any teenagers throw fireworks at you?

Tell us more soon!
Love, Miriam

  Miriam Jan 5, 2007 9:31 PM

2

How's the German cake???????

  Miriam Jan 8, 2007 2:26 PM

3

oh miri, the cake.
the CAKE......

  eks Jan 11, 2007 9:59 PM

4

Hey Erica,
So good that everything so far is as you expected. Cold... thats for sure.
What is it like being in a place where most people are speaking another language? ha ha A bit like being in Ben Tassottis mothers house when his cousin and sister come to visit!!! Boy those Italians speak fast!!
Dont freeze your little butt off hey? Love the piccys. What a smasher!! You may meet some Meullers over there who are my rellies!! Or Schmidts!! Yeah Smith! But thats the stock I come from. Grandma was Maud Alice Meuller. Some great great great was wilhelmina Augustus Schmidt. WOW! CLICK THE HEELS!! Apart from the 1/4 german Im a real heinz variety.
Sending our love and warm fuzzies to wrap up those frozen toes and fingers. XX Pete and Lyn

  Pete and Lyn Jan 16, 2007 10:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.