Existing Member?

Nomad LaFo Local stories from an Egyptian ophthalmologist, Youth activist and Traveler!

Unexpected Dream At Paris!

FRANCE | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [287] | Scholarship Entry

... I landed at Paris airport!

Finally, I had achieved the dream I had since childhood, Here I'm; or as I thought at that time,

Being a youth worker, I applied for a seminar whose topic was even new to me, but it doesn't matter as I love exploring the off-way experiences. It was organized by the main Euro-Med resource center for youth activities and I have no experience with them before, the last 3 times I applied, I didn't make it, but who cares! Let's make it the fourth time refusal!

After couple of months, I opened my mail and "Congratulations, you are selected!" Oh My God, it seems that I will be going there finally! I read the mail again and again, Dear Ahmed, Yes, They didn't make it wrongly, I'm in,

I checked the attached files where there was a metro map; they had 16 metro lines, seriously It's like a puzzle, how can I make it and in Egypt we have just 2 metro lines in which we get lost between them! I checked the other files and "kindly find attached the map to get to the youth center", Sorry, What ? I have to make it on my own and there would be no one waiting for me in the airport ? It's my 1st time in France and I don't know rather than "Bon jour" and they are not fan of speaking English, It seems that I will have to improvise; I'm a couchsurfer anyway and I will find a way. I started contacting French CSers and fortunately, some accepted my request to spend couple of days before I attend my seminar. I got for the visa, packed my luggage, arrived Cairo's airport, took the flight and "Bienvenue en France"!

I took the metro, followed my host's instructions and here's I'm in her home starting to organize our mutual schedule but it seems that she is working until 6 pm and I have to make it on my own, Why not, It's Paris; my childhood dream!

I took the touristic map and start following the places to visit, I should definitely start with Eiffel tower and Louver Museum. Slept quickly after the 4 hours flight and "Wake up Ahmed"; that was Margeret's voice, my CS host, as she was going to work and she had to give me my spare key to start my tour and come back whenever I want,

I prepared myself and went down wondering in the beautiful streets looking around; and I can't believe my eyes, that's it, Eiffel tower surrounded by couples everywhere!! Nice!

Suddenly and unexpectedly, I discovered that my childhood excitement vanished as I realized that having someone next to you is better than the best place you would ever dream of visiting it one day!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About egyptianized

With the French and German presidents!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.