Existing Member?

Australia 2012

Organizing, Packing....

CANADA | Sunday, 11 December 2011 | Views [742] | Comments [5]

So this is my first blog post... EVER!

Scot and I leave for Australia in 2 weeks and 5 days.

Things are a bit more hectic than I expected they would be. With Christmas just around the corner, trying to get all of our Christmas shopping done, as well as our packing and organizing is proving a bit stressful. I thought leaving at this time would be perfect... We would get to see our families and friends because everyone is home for Xmas, and the plane tickets were very well priced at New Years. What I didn't think about was all the running around we would have to do to see everyone, and all the stress of trying to buy and wrap presents as well as tying up loose ends before we leave the country.

Buut, things always find a way of coming together in the end, and I am not a person to overly stress until I NEED to overly stress.

Scot and I have been watching a lot of shark attack shows lately, which might seem like a crazy thing to do before leaving for a country surrounded by every type of man-eating shark alive, but I have been trying to educate myself of the dangers of the ocean. I don't want to be one of those stupid tourists who does everything wrong when precautions could have been taken.

This is our last week of work, which is quite bittersweet for me. I absolutely love the people I work with, and my job... So leaving them is going to be hard, but I am also getting extremely excited to start our adventure!

Well, I should get back to packing and holiday baking...

More posts to come!!

Comments

1

Safe travels Elise and Scott

  Val Hedstrom Dec 12, 2011 1:08 PM

2

I'm so excited for you girlie!! I'm gonna keep checking out your blog... I wanna hear about everything. And you're rightt... You totally never stress about anything!! <3 you best cyto friends forever!!!! Happy safe travels

  pamela poage Dec 16, 2011 4:59 PM

3

Dear Elise and Scot. I cannot wait to live viacarously through your travels downunder. I admire you both for having the courage to forge ahead on such a wonderful trip.
Bon Voyage and all my best wishes to you both on your exciting adventure.

  Judee Stricklad Dec 19, 2011 4:50 AM

4

All the best on your trip Elise and Scot. You will love it as you say good bye to snow and HELLO beaches and sunshine. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas

  Auntie Carol Dec 19, 2011 7:20 AM

5

I'm sorry that we will miss seeing you at Christmas - we will be in Thompson. Thank you for starting this blog so we can follow your adventures - Safe travels and Merry Christmas!

  Gail Kearney Dec 20, 2011 4:27 AM

About egjohnson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.