Existing Member?

My travel tales

Romeo Romeo que es tan feo

USA | Wednesday, 1 October 2008 | Views [1049]

            I´ve always wanted a pet monkey...be careful what you wish for.

Romeo is our pet here at People of Peru Project. He was adopted by Risha Opp. Risha had to return back to the states, so she has left us responsible to take care of her ´baby´.Little did we know that Romeo ins´t your ordinary pet. First of all, he´s a little brown monkey with almost human-features, quite homely. Some will say it´s cute. The rest I will leave to my dear Brinja, who seems to have a better relationship than my non-existent relationship with Romeo since he  chooses to ignore me.

            So when we first found out there was a monkey here we thought that was pretty much the coolest thing ever, but we soon came to find that Romeo does not like to share the love...unless you´ve got food and then he´ll at least tolerate you long enough to snatch it out of your hand. Ee hates Eden and I´m pretty sure I know why. One day Eden was sitting at the table eating a little bun. Romeo came skipping over and jumped up on Eden´s lap where he sat watching him eat. Eden had one little piece left. He looked at Romeo and then popped it in his mouth. Romeo started screaming like crazy and then he jumped down and ran a little ways turned around looked at Eden again and gave a couple more screeches and then ran out of the room. Their relationship has been rocky ever since.

            I think I sealed my fate with Romeo when I attempted to bath him. Risha had been gone for about a week I wanted to give Romeo a little attention, but the little freak stunk. Paul thought he smelled like spit which effectively put  a name to the odor. Anyways it was a nice hot sunny day and I thought it would be perfect to give the little monkey a nice cool bath. I filled up a tub of water and managed to shove Romeo in the water up to his neck before he turned into a little psycho devil monkey. He started screeching bloody murder while trying to grab for anything to get him out of the situation. I was pretty much soaking wet and I couldn´t hold onto him anymore so I let him go. He jumped down and ran straight for the dirt which he immediately started rolling in. Now he was about 10 times as dirty as before and he was caked in mud. I was so mad I grabbed a cup full of water and threw it on him. That did not go over too well and he just jumped back into the dirt and started rolling around again. I´m kinda scared to walk by his cage now because I think he might try throwing his poop at me. Actually as I´m typing this Romeo just climbed up to one of the beams above the computer and proceeded to urinate down onto the floor beside me. Maybe he know´s I´m writing about him. Good thing his aim isn´t too good....

About eden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.