Existing Member?

Ed does the AA This the account of Ed Powell, a man in his 20s exploring SE Asia and Auckland. My moto - "Bringing the world together, 1 step at a time"

Bridget comes to Thailand.

THAILAND | Sunday, 17 June 2007 | Views [497] | Comments [2]

When my brother first spoke to me about joining him for part of his traveling adventures, I was a little unsure as to whether I wanted to – the suggestion came at a time when I was feeling a little bit fragile and concentrating on getting through those emotional pains was my focus. But after he bombarded me on an almost hourly basis with pictures of the beaches, and the Bangkok skyline at night, I wondered why on earth I was only thinking about it. I was booked and mentally already there a matter of days later.

Being a PA you’d think I’d be uber-organised. But no. Planning everyone else’s lives often leaves you with little time for your own. Narrowly missing being fired yesterday (my lunch hour turned into a 4 ½ hour boozing session…much to my boss’s displeasure) I didn’t feel in the right frame of mind to pack. Then I couldn’t find my passport. But instead of freaking out I remained calm. Really calm. And this set the scene for my packing. A few bikinis, not much else. This was the first time I’d been totally relaxed before a departure. I’m even fine with busing it down to the islands (even though I was adamant I was going to fly).

When it was all done, I checked out my brother’s choice of tunes on his laptop that he has let me look after for him in his absence. I had to laugh when I saw some of them, but it didn’t stop me listening did it? ‘Never Forget’ – Take That, ‘These are the days of our lives’ – Queen. I was starting to get a bit sentimental. And realised that I am very close to creating some of those memories that I’ll be thinking and laughing about for years to come. Because when Ed and I are together, mischief comes calling.

See you on the East side.

Steffi

Tags: Family

Comments

1

........ mischief (groan). Spellings better though!

  Powell Management Jun 17, 2007 7:38 AM

2

Me thinks Powell management should be pleased as 2 powells now together. 2 heads are better than one.
Me thinks 2 powells should be pleased also especially when Bankok brew is concerned - 2 heads definitely better than 1! (6% - really?!) Have fun the pair of you. Ed I would have paid to see you in a "suit" bought under pressure!!

  Andy Jun 21, 2007 8:02 AM

About edd_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.