Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

A long way to Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 18 February 2015 | Views [220]

I left Byron Bay at lunchtime yesterday and after 6 hours on the bus I had a brief stop over in Port Macquarie.  It wasn't long enough to look around much but it was a nice place and the ozzie pozzie was a great backpacker to stay at. 

It was an early start, 5.50am to get back on the bus in a rain shower, for another 6 hours to Sydney Central.  Waiting for the bus the flying foxes were returning to their roosts for the day. The highlights of the trip were passing lots of kangaroos on the green of Kempsey golf course and driving over the harbour bridge on the way in to downtown Sydney. 

The afternoon was spent walking up George street to the Rocks, and the harbour to see the opera house again.  I then walked over the harbour bridge to Milsom's point to meet my old flatmate Liz for a drink, a yummy golden ale that tasted like honey, in a trendy bar - it was nice feeling normal again for an hour! 

Tags: city

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.