Existing Member?

Kim, Col & Casey in South America Living it up on a South American west-side adventure!

Departing El Calafate - Mach II

ARGENTINA | Monday, 22 September 2008 | Views [661] | Comments [3]

We´re ready early to leave the America del Sur hostel in El Calafate, Patagonia, Argentina, and hoping that this attempt will be more successful.

After a big night out Saturday night, listing to a solid set by some hostel guys in a local band, we rolled grumpily out of bed, got ready as quickly as possible, and headed off to the bus station.  Arriving at the station after a quick detour to the ATM for cash, we approached the driver and offered money for our fair.  That was about when reality kicked us solidly in the junk, and we were left deflated and pissed off after being informed that the bus was full since we didn´t buy the tickets earlier!

So, on the bright side, we scored a day of relaxation at what is, we agree, the best hostel we´ve stayed at so far.  Gave us time to sort out a few things, like Kim calling Commonweath Bank to deal with the issue of not being able to recieve his security SMSs for bank transaction confirmations (and therefore not being able to make transfers to new billers).

The BIG issue we dealt with, though, was the Santa Cruz saga.  There´s currently a considerably volatile civil unrest situation in Bolivia, specifically in certain provinces including Santa Cruz, where we were scheduled to arrive in only a few days.  After hours of tourturous Skpye conversation with Qantas, we´ve now moved our flight to go to La Paz instead of Santa Cruz, to avoid meandering into a road block or worse.

Anyway, gotta go catch my bus.

Buenos dias! Chow.

Col

Comments

1

First thing Col....was that a ciggy in you hand? did not know you'd take it up again! sounds like you're havin a lot of fun mate...unlike us still ironing out issues in the EastLink dungeons...boy I hate it! but yeah getting there. Like to hear about your bus trip and more!
Cheers
Eugene

  Eugene Simon Sep 29, 2008 4:25 PM

2

Photos are great and you appear to be having fun. Pa is recovering slowly... good and not so good days. Nan's birthday is coming up on the 10th and her party on the 11th. Jason has accepted a job offer at Emmanuel College... 12 mth contract for 2009. All is well here. Hope to see more from you soon. Love, Dad.

  Jim Dart Oct 2, 2008 7:13 AM

3

Hi Guys!! Thank you so much for your comments in your web site! We feel very happy because you have enjoyed your stay with us in America del Sur Hostel in Calafate.
We are in the last step...only a few days...to open America del Sur Hostel in Buenos Aires, in San Telmo, which you can take a look in our website www.americahostel.com.ar
Hope you are enjoying your days!!
Our best wishes for you!
Big hug!

Seba

  Seba Nov 16, 2008 10:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.