Existing Member?

WannaBeAKiwi "Life is a garden...dig it"

Christchurch!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 3 September 2007 | Views [517]

I made it! I just checked into the YMCA here in Christchurch. It feels so good to finally be here. The plane ride from LAX to Auckland rocked. I watched Oceans 13, Blades of Glory, and Fantastic Four. For a 12 hour flight it went by in a flash. The connecting flight from Auckland to Christchurch was a different story. Simply put...I did not fit in the seat. It was prolly the most uncomfortable hour of my life. Customs took all of 5 minutes which was surprising. Very different then what you might experience trying to enter the United States. I didn't complain tho...anywho thats all over and i am here and its awesome. Unfortunately the YMCA does not have internet in the rooms so I have to use the computer station downstairs. As soon as I can connect my laptop to the internet I'll post pics from Christchurch.

I spent the first couple hours while i was waiting for my room to be ready exploring Christchurch and I must say its a pretty awesome city. Every block seems to have at least 2 pubs. Irish pubs too. The best kind. I already set up my bank account with Bank of New Zealand so that was big relief. No more travelers cheques! Tomorrow I gotta get an IRD number and start the wonderfuljob search.

Now its time to go grab a couple beers from DUX and meet the potential new roommates. Wish me luck!

Tags: Airports

About dsaltsman


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.