Existing Member?

David's World Tour Begins... The purpose of this journal is to let you experience the world of travel as I have experienced it. I hope that I can educate you about the joys and pains of travel and encourage more people to start exploring!

Where Am I?

USA | Sunday, 15 July 2007 | Views [377]

Judging from the many emails I just read, it tells me that it has been a long while since I last wrote in my journal.  My apologies- sometimes it isn't as easy finding an internet cafe to sit down to write, much less one that is not expensive!  Right now I have 16 minutes remaining so I'll make this quick, but hopefully informative. 

Right now I am in Cork Ireland, but got there by way of... let's see the last place I talked about was Manchester, UK no? Manchester was one night's stop- not enough to tour, though no worries.  It was pretty dank and rainy and didn't look like all that much good fun.  After Manchester, we went north to Edinburgh.  Edinburgh was very interesting- very old city with lots of history.  The buildings here were coated with what looked like black soot.  Not sure if it was from the coal age or not.  The city is fairly hilly with Edinburgh Castle high above.  This is a very famous spot for their Military Tattoo festival that starts mid-August.  From the castle you get the best view of the city below.  From the castle a road named the Royal Mile, extends outward and contains many shops and pubs.  Imagine back in the days of royalty at the castle and the many shop owners trying to sell their wares then. 

Egads- time is running away... I will fill you in more. 

Until Next Time...

David

Tags: Adventures

About droberts70


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.