Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Sihoukville ::: Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 4 January 2009 | Views [1333]

Ahhhh the beach once again…but man this one is crouded.  We got into sihoukville and went to serendipity beach, which is the more popular one with backpackers.  We stayed at Monkey Republic guesthouse for a couple of nights.  The first day we laid out on serendipity beach and it was way too much….too many people plus too many locals asking if you want something.  I had read about Otres beach, which is supposed to be less crowded The next morning we had some motorbike guys take us there to lay out and wow they were right the beach was empty and so beautiful we feel in love with it.  Vanessa, Maria and I decided we needed to move to this beach tonight…which we did and stayed here for the next 20 days.  We will end up staying at Solar guesthouse sleeping outside on a cot on the beach…it was truly breathtaking.  The guesthouse is owned by a coulple of german guys…Tilo is one of them and is really a sweet cool guy.  They run it on solar energy and then generators at night for just a few hours.  There is no electricity on this beach, just generators for a few hours every night. Because of this the night sky is filled with stars and the moonlight lights up the night and reflects off the water…I think I have found paradise.   The water here is crystal blue white sand beaches it really reminded me of home. . The weed here is the best I have had since I started traveling it is real green bud.  I found cigars at the market in town (which takes about 15mins to get to on motorbike) so now I can roll some blunts…wow it really is like home…I find myself crying a bit here overwhelmed with it all.  My mornings consist of waking up early, meditating on the beach going for a walk and then doing some yoga and this is all b4 8am.  There are only about 20 or so places along this beach some just bars some just restaurants some with places to stay…it is quiet and peaceful here.  My days are spent lying on the beach, playing Frisbee, kayaking, swimming, playing batgammin, cards etc. and smoking lots of ganja with a Adam and Adrian from Holland, Morice from germany, lynne from paris, and the two swiss guys who own the guesthouse next door.  So needless to say we are loving life here.  Each night around dusk the local kids come around collecting plastic bottles.  These are very poor kids but they are always smiling laughing enjoying their day.  People say that you should not give these kids anything but every day when they come I give them some food.  There is one girl who really makes me smile her eyes just light up like non I have seen and I feel I can really see inside her.  Some how without exchanging words her and I have become close.  I actually look forward to seeing them each night and I make sure I have some food for them when they come to my room.  I wish that the owner just once might have these kids sit down with us for dinner.  You see every night we have a family style dinner with anyone who would like to join and they always make a veggie dish for Maria, Adam and I.  While here on the beach one day I made some dolls out of stuff I found on the beach and will later donate it to a bar in Kampot.  It is going to be very hard to leave here.  I will however leave for 3 days to go to kampot but I will end up back on otres beach after for another 5 days…yes problems!!!
kids collecting bottles and food

kids collecting bottles and food

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.