Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Nha Trang ::: Vietnam

VIETNAM | Sunday, 21 December 2008 | Views [705]

back to the beach.  It was so nice to get back to the beach.  We arrived in the am and went to find lynne at the hostel she stayed at.  We all got together at a brew house then hit the beach.  It was so nice the waves remind me of ones in cali here…
The next morning we are going to meet this couchsurfer guy Bitz who place Vanessa and I might stay at.  While walking to meet him Vanessa and I decide to try diving in Vietman.  We sign up with Scuba Zone to do fun dives while there.   When we meet the other girls Maud and Lynne want to do it but Joc is too sick to.  So the next day we are all scheduled to go diving.  That night Vanessa and I stay at Bitz place who by the way has left for India and had graciously given us his place for as long as we stay.  Problem here is that Vanessa and I are the only couchsurfer so now we slipt us from the girls.  I decided that since his place is huge (3 bedrooms) really nice that would ask if he minded that the other girls join us.  The first night it is only Nessa and I so we all meet at the dive shop and have fun on the boat diving.  I have to say about this dive was so unprofessional it killed me.  We did not get to try gear on beforehand, hence now mine is too big and they made sure the staff had fitting stuff first (strange) then while diving the divemaster picked up and touched so much marine life I was saddened and bothered.  It was still really great to be under the sea.  When we got back to land we needed to pay for the dives and Maud needed to get money out so I told her I would take a walk with her to an ATM.  While while we were walking she was asking what was wrong that day cause I seemed quiet and we started to talk she put her arm around me to tell me all is good…and this guy on a motorcycle made a joke about her arm around me.  We all laughed and made nothing of it.  Well he stopped to say sorry he wasn’t trying to be rude blah blah blah and while he is telling us sorry I look at his motorcycle and it has easy rider on it…I am excited having heard of these guys. We tell him we have heard of them and he says ok I will take you the atm and back to the dive shop I will wait for you to be done then you and your friends will come to our place have coffee and will can talk…no pressure just want you to see what we have to offer. So we tell Dahn sound good and jump on the back of his bike to find an atm.
We pay the dive shop collect the girl and head on the back of bikes to go hear their pitch.  Well it must have been a good one or something in the coffee cause now on xmas morning the 5 of us girls are ditching our bus tickets (from Nah trang to saigon and hopping on the back of the easy riders motorcycles for the next 4 days to mui ne.   We were so excited that we ended up buying a bottle of wine and drinking it on the beach that night.   We also went down to the red apple and partied wrote on the wall had the best night.  On the way home we got tea when we thought we were buying weed…but we were in such a great mood all we could do was laugh.
While staying at Bitz place the 5 of us got to have a nice place to have xmas eve dinner.  We order some pasta and pizza then cooked some of Bitz pasta and made salads.  We had bought santa hats that day so we would have them for xmas day on the bikes.  So xmas eve night we all wore our hats and had a great meal together.  The next morning 8 am we mounted the bikes and off we go…

 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.