Existing Member?

Istanbl Grand bazarre : Modern History of World Trade

The Market Opening

TURKEY | Tuesday, 8 January 2013 | Views [173]

Enterance

Enterance

A short walk into the Grand Bazaar are might bring one to this seemlingly mundane street, however the structure on this street is of great importance, the Isanbul Tickaret Boarsasi or the Istanbul Commodity Exhange. In an area comprised of over 3000 shops, stands and street vendors comsuming the nearly 2sq kilometer network which is the Grand Bazaar, the Commodity exchange serves to record and regulate all the trade in the region. With vast amount of trade occuring and between 250,000 to 400,000 people visting daily, the Commodity exchange is instrumental in conducting trade. Similar in sort to the New York or London stock exchange, the Istanbul Commodity Exchange gives companies and individuals access to a world-wide network of trade and busines opportunities; from handling exportaton of goods, identifiying possible strategic partners, executive meeting services, market research, business prospects and discounts at affiliated establishments for members of the organization. With over 59 protected accessways to individual street and sections concentrated in a particular trade, through this establishment one can easily locate what is is they're seeking. Of the fifty-nine gates with four main gates connecting Beyazid Square with the Nuruosmaniye and Beyazind II Mosque, there are countless side enterances and accessways. From this street one can choose one of the many enterance to the Gran Bazaar. Inside the streets open up into the vast marketplace, with people,shops,smells, and sights of things from all across the globe; if you look hard enough, maybe even something from outer-space.

Tags: commodity exchange

 

About dramsell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.