Existing Member?

Doug and Robyn's Vision

Sunday 11.11.2012

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 November 2012 | Views [178] | Comments [1]

For the first time this week, we needed our doona on the bed about 4am! But it was a good night for our first real "freedom camp". Leaving the lookout with clear views in all directions, we drove to Quirindi, where we walked a fair way along their new walk/cycleway and across their new pedestrian bridge - definitely "pedestrian" because skate boarders, cyclists and horse riders have to dismount before crossing it! We sat in the car in Quirindi for a while and listened to a sermon of John Mason's which Doug had downloaded from their website.

Driving on,  through Willow Tree into more familiar territory of the New England Highway, we stopped for morning tea at a rest area above Murrurundi, fuel in Muswellbrook and lunch at a rest area near the open cut mines north of Singleton. 

Since the fridge and freezer at home were off, we went into Aldi at Kurri Kurri for some perishable food supplies and arrived home about 3.30pm.

We've done some unpacking and organising at home, including ringing the concreter to let him know we are home as arranged and check that he is still OK for tomorrow - only to be told that he was waiting for Doug to ring and let him know he was home to book us in! We came back a week early to be here for him tomorrow ... little bit annoyed!

All is well at home ... dry like many parts of the country we have visited. Only 7,200 steps today, but a few hours driving.

Over all, we are very happy with the motorhome. Felt a bit rushed at times and obviously not properly set up and organised yet. However, we are formulating some ideas to streamline living and storage in close quarters.

Comments

1

Welcome home! We have enjoyed reading your blog updates. You have certainly found some great spots in places we have never heard of.
What is it with concretors?.?? Inhaling too much dust?

  FayeM Nov 11, 2012 9:37 PM

About dougnrobyn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.