Existing Member?

Doug and Robyn's Vision

Tuesday 6.11.12

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 November 2012 | Views [214]

After a reasonable night's sleep, we did some more organising in the motorhome and had a look outside the windows. The Dayboro Showground was nestled in a nice valley and was quite picturesque.

After the leisurely start which included more organisation in our little house and morning tea, we left about 11am and drove to Mt Glorious. Silly us...amateur tourists...we expected a place with a name like that to have a great lookout! However, it is probably best described as being like Olinda area but not tourist shoppy. The road was much steeper, a smidge wider, no bicyclists, some motorcyclists, but the vehicle handled it all well. There was a nice park set up on the edge of the National Park on the site of an old sawmill. After eating lunch there, we walked through the fairly dry rainforest on a 3/4 hour, 2km loop walk. The "Wivenhoe Outlook" further up the road gave distance glimpsy views of the dam, and we did a short walk through the picnic area there. Coming off the ranges, our next stop was at Cormorant Park near the Spillway of Lake Wivenhoe - very expansive picnic areas really well cared for by Seqwater - had it almost to ourselves while we had afternoon tea and went for a long casual walk around and through maybe a quarter of it. Next stop was Lumley Hill Camp, where we set up before dark tonight - in one of 3 camping areas run by Seqwater on another part of Lake Wivenhoe. It is lovely here this week. It looks like there are about 45 campsites, only 3 of which are occupied tonight, so we're all well spaced apart!

On arrival, Doug set about the power and water connections.

Robyn has established Motorhoming Rule no 1: From this day forward, yoghurt gets priority placement on the door of the fridge. 

Reason for rule no 1: it seems so logical with the wisdom of hindsight, but yoghurt does not always travel well on the main shelves of the fridge. If the lid is not a secure fit, it can be very wasteful and messy:-)

The great yoghurt cleanup of 2012 was followed by a less eventful evening meal, evening walk after dark (over 11,000 steps today), and a Big Blog 2 busy days catchup. Supper & sleep are next on our agenda.

About dougnrobyn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.